Benefits of VoIP phone system
Voice over Internet Protocol (also the voice over IP, VoIP or IP telephony) is a methodology and group of technologies for the delivery of voice communications and multimedia sessions over Internet Protocol (IP) networks, such as the Internet. In the other words, it can be said that VoIP is the transmission of voice and multimedia content over Internet Protocol (IP) networks. VoIP is enabled by a group of technologies and methodologies used to deliver voice communications over the internet, enterprise local area networks or wide area networks. Thus it can be said that it is a type of technology that allows its users to make calls using the broadband Internet rather than the conventional or analog phone system. VoIP works by converting sound into digital voice communication and then transferring it through Internet broadband. Conclusively it can be said that if you are using a VoIP telephone system, you are basically using the Internet to make phone calls. Using a VoIP system has several benefits. Some of them are illustrated below: VoIP Is Easier to Install, Configure, and Maintain: IP Phones are simple to install, even for people with limited technical know-how. Rather than having someone come and run phone wiring through your facility, you can set up an IP Phone and be ready to go quickly.
- Portability: The convenience and comfort provided by a VoIP telephone system are available all over the world. Using any broadband connection, you can log in to your VoIP telephone, and you will get a dial tone. Regardless of where you are, if you have Internet access, there should not be any problems in terms of costs and connections. VoIP systems are also accessible via email or while you are traveling. Simply take your headset or IP phone, and you can contact staff or clients with a low-cost call.
- A Range of Call Features Is Supported: All of the traditional call system features you expect are available in hosted VoIP systems, including call hold, call transfer, call hunt, conference calling, find me / follow me, and auto-attendant phone menus.
- VoIP Scales Up or Down Easily: It’s not always easy to predict how many phones you’ll need over the next year, and if you have a traditional phone system, you have to estimate carefully to avoid spending money on phone lines you won’t use.
- Multi-Functional: Aside from making phone calls, you can also conduct videoconferencing calling through your VoIP phone. This allows you to stay in touch with your co-workers and clients to discuss important deals, affairs, meetings, files, documents, agendas, no matter where you are. Even while you are abroad attending to meetings, you still have the capacity to attend other important meetings in the home office without having to worry about being physically present.
- Flexibility: – With a VoIP system, you can still use your conventional phone and a VoIP converter or VoIP telephone adapter. A VoIP converter looks like a USB memory stick, which you can easily plug into any computer. A VoIP converter will sense signals that are emanating from traditional or analog phones, and such signals will be converted to digital data that can be routed over the Internet. A computer must be turned on for the service to work. A VoIP system will also allow you to acquire your own VoIP number, so no matter where you are traveling to, just as long as you have a high speed Internet connection, you are capable of receiving phone calls to your same number.